Are you a foodie who not only loves eating but treating others with delicious dishes too? Are you always looking for ways to make your food taste better? It should not surprise you to read that better taste in the food does not come from the most expensive ingredients. It’s the little things that you are either doing wrong or improperly that take away that taste you are always missing from your food. With a few tips that are easy to follow you should be able to prepare your food with some added deliciousness.
Making Your Food Taste Better
- When preparing foods it is best to go for ones that are prepared from the fresh vegetables. By fresh it means you should buy the vegetables that are in the season. During their season the fruits and vegetables taste their best.
- Always prepare your ginger, garlic and onion paste when you are making a particular dish. Don’t make it beforehand and store in the fridge because this takes away all that flavor that you are trying to add with the ginger and garlic paste in your food.
- If you are using vegetable oil it is best that you store it in some dark place with no exposure to light. When it comes to butter it is best to be kept in the freezer compartment.
- Try spices that are specifically from South Asian countries like India and Pakistan. These countries have the most amazing spices in the world.
- Most chefs of the world recommend that you try out different types of oils and not stick with just one type. Oils taste different and their flavors are most prominent in your foods even if you don’t notice them.
- When it comes to cooking meat it is best that you look for dark red color of the meant. In addition to that, there should be yellow or whitish marbling effects in it. Any meat that looks very red with no marbling will taste like nothing.
- When it comes to preparing your coffees make sure to pick the right roast type and the proper grounds. Here, you have to play around with a few grinders to know which one grinds your coffee beans the best. You should be able to get coarse or fine grounds on choice from your grinder. You could know more about this stuff on Know Your Grinder.
- If you love to bake and you often find that you have to put too much oil in your cakes, there is a way to work around that. Chefs from around the world recommend that you only use half the amount of oil mentioned in the book and replace half of it with some liquid like a puree or milk.
- The best way to introduce the tastes of your spices is to toast them before using. This goes best with spices that happen to be seeds. Some examples are cumin seeds, coriander and fennel.
With such simple and easy tips you can add that missing flavor into your foods and spread the food love in your family and friends.