If you want your website to boost your business, you’ll need visitors. How do you get visitors to your website? You make sure you have a strong SEO rating. SEO may sound confusing to the uninitiated, but it doesn’t have to be over-complicated. Using keywords and putting a little effort into optimization can do wonders for your website’s ranking, help you bring more customers in, and boost your sales figures. Follow these tips to make sure your site is performing at its best.
- Speak to the experts. Your website’s functionality is a major factor in its SEO ranking. If your site doesn’t run well, or if there are major server issues, you could be punished in the rankings. Look into Web Development Melbourne to make sure all of the functionality features of your website are running as they should be, and speak to the professionals about how to improve the SEO of your site. They’ll have plenty of tips and advice to share with you, and will be able to keep your site in good running order.
- Make sure your site is mobile-friendly. Mobile functionality is absolutely essential in this day and age. Most of your customers will be looking at your website from their phone or tablet, so it’s crucial that the site be readable from a small screen. Google will reward you for a mobile-friendly website – they boost the search rankings of sites that work well on mobile, and will penalise you if your website only runs properly on a desktop. Your developer should ensure that your site is fully responsive on mobile, and you should check the site yourself from your phone on a regular basis to make sure it looks right.
- Use SEO for images. SEO doesn’t only apply to the text content of your website, it also applies to images. Whenever you upload an image to your website, make sure you label it correctly. Name each image with keywords that will make them search-friendly so that Google can pick it up as a useful feature.
- Learn about keywords. It’s hard to know how to incorporate SEO-friendly keywords into your web content if you don’t do the research first. If you want to start simple, you can just type words that are relevant to your business into a search engine and check out what pops up – these phrases will be common searches related to your industry. To explore in more detail, use a keyword tool website or app to find out what related terms are used in relation to your business’s keywords. This takes the guesswork out of your site’s SEO process, and should help you target your content more effectively.
- Create readable content. The content of your website will make or break your SEO ranking. You need content that’s readable, unique, and useful to your audience. Longer articles tend to do well as there are more opportunities to use keywords and links, and they keep readers on your website for longer, but prioritise quality over quantity. Try to focus on topics that will be informative and helpful to your audience. Know your market and what their interests are, and keep in mind that entertainment should be as important as marketing material if you want to attract visitors.